Once a small fishing hamlet, Copenhagen is now an important commercial center in Europe. The Danish capital is steeped in history, and everything about Copenhagen is charming to say the least. No wonder, it remains one of the preferred and frequented destinations for luxury honeymoons in the continent. If you are considering Copenhagen for your honeymoon, we recommend the following experiences.
- Jump on a food trail. Copenhagen is known for its street food and fine dining options, and you would be rather spoilt for choices. Yes, there are a few vegan options, as well, but we recommend that you head straight to Papirøen (Paper Island), where you can try craft beers, steaks and more. In mood for a brunch, Torvehallerne street food market is where you need head next. In Scandinavian countries, hot-dogs are a go-to option, so try a few. If you feel like hopping clubs with your spouse, we recommend that you make time Blågårdsgade.
- Stay at a serviced apartment. The experience of staying at a self serviced apartments Copenhagen is unlike anything you would feel at a hotel. The rooms are designed with care, and you can get all the facilities at disposal – something that makes so much sense on a honeymoon. Some of the most amazing properties are located in Østerbro.
- Go cycling. Much like Amsterdam, Copenhagen is a cycle-friendly city, and riding a cycle here is the best way to go around. There are many rental companies that offer bikes on rent, and it is actually encouraged, because that helps in keeping the pollution under check. Some of the best rentals have bikes with GPS, so you and your spouse are sorted for the day!
- Spend a day at Tivoli Gardens. Many people come to the capital of Denmark for Tivoli Gardens alone. Yes, it’s that popular. Often thought to be the inspiration behind many amusement parks, Tivoli Gardens is one of the oldest theme parks in the world. The rollercoaster particular demands a ride, while you should also consider the Star Flyer.
- Make time for Nyhavn. Nyhavn is the waterfront area, where you can find colorful buildings that you have seen all though your life in Copenhagen photos. A great place to have a brunch, but do note that some of the restaurants and bars are expensive here. If you wish to do more, we recommend that you take a boat ride from Nyhavn harbor area. Copenhagen has some of the best waterways in Europe, and watching the city from those canals is a unique experience.
Copenhagen is also famed for other landmarks, including The Little Mermaid Statue, National Museum, Christiansborg Palace, and Botanical Garden. Now if you want to take your wife out for shopping, Strøget is a good place to head. Counted among the largest pedestrian malls globally, Strøget offers the choice to shop for some of the biggest brands. Pack your bags for Copenhagen – This city promises to make honeymooners fall in love with its charm, and you might just want to stay longer.